JOB SUMMARY: Medical Gas Installers must have commercial plumbing experience. This position will entail maintaining the flow of water, air, and other gases, and drainage by assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce, test, and install plumbing systems by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, or welded joints.
- Mount pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Determine sequence of installations by studying building plans and working drawings.
- Identify obstructions to be avoided by inspecting structure.
- Comply with federal, state, and local building and plumbing codes by enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Keep plumbing equipment and tools operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Conserve plumbing resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide plumbing information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years Medical Gas Installer experience required.
- Must be able to install plumbing systems by assembling, positioning, and sealing valves, pipe fittings, and pipes.
- Knowledge of testing plumbing systems to identify leaks.
- Ability to cut threads, and bends pipe by using cutters, cutting torch, threading machine, and bending machine as well as locate position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes by marking structure, using ruler, level, and plumb bob.
- Understand and know how to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings by using hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to repair and maintain plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of basic safety, ADA Requirements, and state and local building / plumbing codes.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must pass criminal background check and random drug screens.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels of the organization and with external contacts.
- Good driving record preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- OSHA 10 Certification required.
- Current Medical Gas Certification required.
- Plumbing License required in the state applying.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas. Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations. Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch. Work in all types of weather. Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 lbs. of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.